Lelia Gowland, Principal, Gowland LLC. Don’t be like the guys at B.R.O. Capital – adapt to the changing workforce. Flexible travel policies promote employee loyalty, help retain your best road warriors, and create a more inclusive culture. The new Pixar short Purl provides a humourous look into the challenges many companies and individuals face navigating office culture and changing workplace dynamics. In the video, a hot pink ball of yarn named Purl tries to fit in at B.R.O. Capital, a toxic, (human) male-dominated office. Here are five key strategies travel managers can take away from this delightful film:
- Create multiple feedback mechanisms to understand traveller needs.
- Meet your colleagues where they are.
- Create a flexible policy, such as a total daily rate for each city
- Ensure you have the right tools in place.
- Use existing work culture to roll out change.